In accordance with the California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017, Desert valley services DBA: Fulton Distributing, offers a vendor link or a downloadable listing of ingredients for all the chemical products we distribute in the state of California.
On October 15, 2017, then Governor Jerry Brown signed the California Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017 (SB 258) into law, making California the first state to require complete ingredient disclosure for cleaning products. The California law will take effect January 1, 2020, for full disclosure on websites and on January 1, 2021, for disclosure on product labels. One of the requirements for the employer is to make “readily printable” ingredient information available to employees in the same manner as SDSs.
The information manufacturers and distributors (for private label manufactured products) must disclose online (website) in electronically readable format by 1/1/2020 (Products manufactured prior to that date are exempt) is:
- A list of all intentionally added ingredients in descending order of predominance by weight (unless the ingredient qualifies for protection as confidential business information)
- A list of all nonfunctional constituents presents at a concentration at or above 0.01 percent (100 ppm).
- The Chemical Abstracts Service number (CAS#) for all intentionally added ingredients and nonfunctional constituents.
- The functional purpose served by each intentionally added ingredient that is not a nonfunctional constituent.
- If the product contains fragrance allergens at a concentration at or above 0.01 percent (100 ppm), there are further requirements.
- Links to designated regulatory lists on which all intentionally added ingredients and nonfunctional constituents appear.
- A link to the hazard communication safety data sheet for the designated product.
- Accessibility of no more than 4 clicks away from a product specific website.
The information manufacturers and distributors must include on the product labels by 1/1/2021
- The format of product label ingredients listing will be in the same order as described for web listing.
- Product manufactured prior to 1/1/2021 not subject to label disclosure.
- Prop 65 substances if present may be listed 1/1/2023
- If a label does not contain a full list of intentionally added ingredients, the following needs to be added to the label “for more ingredients information visit…web address” and a toll-free telephone number
- Disclosure by one method does not constitute complete compliance.
- Must disclose on web AND product label
- Update online: 6 months
- Update label: 18 months
Below is the link to the Senate Bill 258 for your reference:
Click to view ingredient disclosure